It's right for you if...
You want a single carbon trail bike that can take on every adventure, from singletrack to the gnarliest descents and multi-stage endurance events. You prioritise a lightweight frame and performance suspension over the highest-end drive train available.
The tech you get
A lightweight and stiff full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with Carbon Armour, a 140 mm FOX Rhythm 34 fork, 130 mm of rear travel with a FOX Float Performance rear shock with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper, a wide-range 1x12 SRAM NX/GX Eagle drive train, a Bontrager Line dropper post, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels and powerful Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes. An internal storage compartment and Control Freak cable routing add to the bike's capability and sleek look.
The final word
Fuel EX full suspension performance on a lightweight and trail-tough carbon frame makes for a fun and fast ride. This rugged, capable bike sails down descents and helps you hang tough during fatiguing marathon rides.
Why you'll love it
- Don't confuse the Fuel EX 9.7 with other value carbon models on the market – this bike provides an outstanding frame and suspension, with a workhorse drivetrain and wheels
- A sleek internal storage compartment gives you a versatile spot to stow tools and gear
- This bike is perfect for shredding singletrack, hitting drops and pushing your limits in multi-stage and marathon events
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝ and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, BITS internal storage, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 130 mm travel
- Fox Rhythm 34, Float EVOL air spring, GRIP damper, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Kabolt axle, 140 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x55 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.60"
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle, DUB, 32 T steel ring, Boost
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92 mm, PressFit
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line Dropper, 150 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager Line, alloy, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, 35 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT420 4-piston hydraulic disc
- M - 14.27 kg / 31.47 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
COLOUR: MATTE RAW CARBON/GLOSS BLACK
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|