It's right for you if...
You're a mountain biker through and through, and want a single carbon bike for the best performance on everything from marathon races to gnarly descents and technical trail. You know you'll be riding this bike on every trail, so you're not going to compromise on frame material, suspension or components.
The tech you get
A light and stiff full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, 140 mm FOX Factory 36 Float fork with GRIP2 damper, 130 mm of rear travel with a FOX Factory Float shock featuring Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft and a 1x12 SRAM X01 Eagle drive train. Plus, powerful Shimano XT 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Carbon 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for quick engagement, a Bontrager Line Elite dropper post and a Bontrager Line Pro OCLV Carbon handlebar. An internal storage compartment and Control Freak cable routing add to the bike's capability and sleek look.
The final word
If you can have just one mountain bike, this is it. Fuel EX 9.9 has the highest-end parts on the best OCLV Mountain Carbon frame we make. It's equally at home on fast singletrack, gnarly trail and laying down miles on your next multi-stage race.
Why you'll love it
- Fuel EX 9.9 is the single best choice for riders who want an all-mountain ripper that excels at everything from marathon races to burly technical terrain to singletrack
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- A sleek internal storage compartment gives you a versatile spot to stow tools and gear
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝ and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels
- Make it yours: it's fully customisable through Project One
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, BITS internal storage, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 130 mm travel
- Fox Factory 36, Float EVOL air spring, GRIP2 damper, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Kashima Coat, Boost110, 15 mm Kabolt axle, 140 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Factory Float EVOL, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, Kashima Coat, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x55 mm
- Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.60"
- SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM X01 Eagle
- SRAM X01 Eagle Carbon, DUB, 32T alloy ring, Boost
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92 mm, PressFit
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Bontrager Arvada Pro, carbon rails
- Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 170 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, 35 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano XT M8120 4-piston hydraulic disc
- M - 13.19 kg / 29.07 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
COLOUR: RAW CARBON/RAGE RED
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|