The Trek Checkpoint is the bike gravel riders have been asking for.
This is not an endurance road bike nor a cyclocross bike. This is a bike that is intended for riders who want a bike to ride on unsealed roads, dirt, gravel and beyond. It will still ride happily on a sealed road too! Extra mounting points for more water bottle cages, disc brakes for reliable braking in all conditions, space to accomodate up to 45mm wide tyres, adjustable wheelbase and the list goes on. Trek have listened to what riders want in a bike to take on big gravel adventures and have put the ideas into an actual real functioning bike that lives up to the hype.
Why buy a Checkpoint?
If big adventure rides on back roads that have probably never seen a bike on them before gets you keen, this is a bike for you. It's not a nervous or sharp handling cyclocrosss bike, it's a relaxed long distance riding bike that will happily see you out into the middle of nowhere on a dirt road with a smile. Maybe you live up in the hills and want to take a little more interesting commute route? It's certainly a bike for fun and adventures and will thrive on the opportunity to tackle the dirt and take you on some epic adventures.
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon, Rear IsoSpeed, Stranglehold dropouts, tapered head tube, BB90, flat mount disc brakes, rack mounts and hidden mudguard mounts, Control Freak, internal cable routing, 12 mm thru axle, 3S chain keeper, Ride Tuned seatmast
- Checkpoint carbon disc, carbon tapered steerer, flat mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12 mm thru axle
- Bontrager Paradigm Comp Tubeless Ready Disc, 12 mm thru axle
- Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, TL Easy, 700 c 35 c
- Shimano Ultegra, 11 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Ultegra, braze-on
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Ultegra, Shadow design, 11-speed
- Shimano Ultegra, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano HG800, 11-34, 11-speed
- Shimano HG600, 11-speed
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Comp
- Bontrager Ride Tuned carbon seatmast cap, 20 mm offset
- Bontrager RL IsoZone VR-CF, 31.8 mm
- Bontrager tape
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano Ultegra flat mount hydraulic disc
- 56cm - 8.94 kg / 19.7 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 125 kg (275 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||A Seat tube||B Seat tube angle||C Head tube length||D Head angle||E Effective top tube||G Bottom bracket drop||H Chainstay length||I Offset||J Trail||K Wheelbase||L Standover||M Frame reach||N Frame stack||Saddle rail height minimum||Saddle rail height maximum|