Trek Émonda ALR range, performance on a budget.
The Émonda ALR range has been developed around the geometry and ideas of its more expensive higher end light weight carbon option. The ALR range use light weight aluminium frames to provide a great handling and performing bike at a very affordable price point. They are a great platform to get started in the world of road cycling at an entry level price but certainly not just entry level performance. These frames provide an incredible ride experience that many more expensive carbon frames struggle to still provide.
Who would buy an Émonda ALR bike?
The Émonda ALR is a great bike for someone to get started cycling on the road and doesn't want to have to spend a million dollars. It's a great starting point without it being cheap and nasty nor over the top and expensive. Maybe you have a long commute where a road bike is of benefit but you don't want to spend a huge amount of money, this could be the bike for you. The overwhelming theme here is performance at a real world price. Émonda will surprise you in the best possible way!
- Ultralight 300 Series Alpha Aluminium, Invisible Weld Technology, tapered head tube, BB86.5, direct mount rim brakes, internal cable routing, DuoTrap S compatible
- Émonda carbon, tapered steerer, direct mount rim brakes
- Front hub
- Rear hub
- Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready
- Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x 25c
- Shimano Tiagra, 10 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tiagra, braze-on
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tiagra
- Shimano Tiagra, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket
- Press Fit BB86.5
- Shimano Tiagra, 11-28, 10-speed
- Shimano Tiagra
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Comp, chromoly rails
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 8 mm offset
- Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8 mm
- Bontrager tape
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Tektro T731, direct mount
- 56cm - 9.09 kg / 20.04 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 125 kg (275 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|