Trek Fuel EX is a true MTB. Rides up & down hills great & a whole lot more. A crowd favourite year in & year out.
The Fuel EX from Trek is a fantastic example of evolution of a good design. It's been in the line up for so many years and little changes year after year lead us to the current point in time where we have a very capable 130mm travel bike with 29" wheels that some may say truly defines mountain biking. Its a bike that will allow you to climb hills with ease and descend back down with confidence and a smile on your face. Its a bike that will behave like a cross country bike when you want it to and then act like an enduro bike when it's time to do so as well.
Why would i buy a Fuel EX?
Fuel EX is a bike for someone who wants a bit of everything, not to heavy or big to climb on but not to nerve wracking to descend on either. It's often a great gateway into MTB if you are more of a road rider, the forgiving ride and light weight package make for a great bike to really get you buzzing. If you're not super worried about going crazy on descents but don't want a nervous and twitchy cross country bike, the Fuel EX is a great choice. We often like to say that it is a pretty good and close definition of what a MTB is. A bike that rides up and down hills happily and effectively and produces big smiles.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130 mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, Boost110, 130 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 210x52.5 mm
- Front hub
- Bontrager Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing alloy axle, Boost148
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR3, 29x2.30˝
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Ride, 30T Cinch (direct mount)
- Bottom bracket
- SunRace, 11-42, 10-speed
- KMC X10
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 720 mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 14.97 kg / 33 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|