Trek Fuel EX is a true MTB. Rides up & down hills great & a whole lot more. A crowd favourite year in & year out.
The Fuel EX from Trek is a fantastic example of evolution of a good design. It's been in the line up for so many years and little changes year after year lead us to the current point in time where we have a very capable 130mm travel bike with 29" wheels that some may say truly defines mountain biking. Its a bike that will allow you to climb hills with ease and descend back down with confidence and a smile on your face. Its a bike that will behave like a cross country bike when you want it to and then act like an enduro bike when it's time to do so as well.
Why would i buy a Fuel EX?
Fuel EX is a bike for someone who wants a bit of everything, not to heavy or big to climb on but not to nerve wracking to descend on either. It's often a great gateway into MTB if you are more of a road rider, the forgiving ride and light weight package make for a great bike to really get you buzzing. If you're not super worried about going crazy on descents but don't want a nervous and twitchy cross country bike, the Fuel EX is a great choice. We often like to say that it is a pretty good and close definition of what a MTB is. A bike that rides up and down hills happily and effectively and produces big smiles.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130 mm travel
- Front suspension
- Fox Rhythm 34 Float, GRIP adjustable damper, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, Boost110, 130 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92 mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 15.5: 100 mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125 mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150 mm
- Bontrager Line, 35 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano Deore M6000 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 13.79 kg / 30.4 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Geometry position||Wheel size||A Seat tube||B Seat tube angle||C Head tube length||D Head angle||E Effective top tube||F Bottom bracket height||G Bottom bracket drop||H Chainstay length||I Offset||J Trail||K Wheelbase||L Standover||M Frame reach||N Frame stack|