Marlin. We love the Trek Marlin family of bikes. Marlin is the bike for MTB fun for young or old at a price that will leave everyone smiling.
The Marlin family of bikes are intended as a bike for people to get started riding off road and having fun. Serious fun at a seriously affordable price. Options ranging from only $499 and upwards. There are sizes for little people through to big people. We often see kids as young as 8 and upwards able to get onto the extra small sized models. Not just a bike for kids though, they're great for parents wanting to keep up with kids too! The Marlin is a fun bike that will happily explore MTB trails just as happily as it will be to ride along bike paths and even on the road too.
- Alpha Silver Aluminium w/semi-integrated head tube, rack and mudguard mounts, G2 Geometry on 29ers
- Front suspension
- SR Suntour M-3030, coil spring, preload, 75 mm travel
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC31 alloy
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ front, 29x2.00˝ rear (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano Altus EF500, 7 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY500
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY300
- Shimano Tourney TY301, 42/34/24
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano TZ21 14-28, 7-speed
- KMC Z51
- Wellgo nylon platform
- Bontrager Evoke 1
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite Plus, ergonomic
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8˝
- Brake set
- Tektro M280 mechanical disc
- 17.5˝ - 14.15 kg / 31.2 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|