Marlin. We love the Trek Marlin family of bikes. Marlin is the bike for MTB fun for young or old at a price that will leave everyone smiling.
The Marlin family of bikes are intended as a bike for people to get started riding off road and having fun. Serious fun at a seriously affordable price. Options ranging from only $499 and upwards. There are sizes for little people through to big people. We often see kids as young as 8 and upwards able to get onto the extra small sized models. Not just a bike for kids though, they're great for parents wanting to keep up with kids too! The Marlin is a fun bike that will happily explore MTB trails just as happily as it will be to ride along bike paths and even on the road too.
- Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal derailleur, dropper post and brake routing, chainstay brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, G2 Geometry on 29ers
- Front suspension
- SR Suntour XCT 30 HLO, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, 100 mm travel (13.5: 80 mm travel)
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ front, 29x2.0˝ rear (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano Altus M310, 8 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Altus M313
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310
- Shimano Tourney TY501, 42/34/24
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge, 73 mm
- Shimano HG200, 12-32, 8--speed
- KMC Z7
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 720 mm width (13.5: 690 mm width)
- Bontrager XR Endurance Comp
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (13.5 & 15.5: Tektro HD-276 short reach lever)
- 17.5˝ - 14.71 kg / 32.43 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|