Powerfly is set to change the way you ride! Find out about what all the buzz is about...
Electric assisted bikes are a big deal at the moment and rightly so. These are not electric motor bikes that you simply twist a throttle on and ride away. These are a bicycle that you still pedal and ride but with the assistance of the electric drive unit. The motor will assist up to 25kmh and have 250 watts of power. In real world terms it basically means it's a really fun MTB to ride that allows you to ride trails you usually would a lot faster and also with a lot less energy exertion. You can still get a great workout on these bikes at the same time too. That ride you usually have to smash yourself on to get done in 2 hours could be done with ease in maybe only 90 minutes instead. You can ride further than you usually would, still get a great workout but not have to absolutely smash yourself in the process. We have demo bikes available so if you'd like to find out first hand just how much fun this bike is, come and see us to book a spot! Honestly the best thing with one of these bikes to find out how good it can be is to experience it for yourself.
Which version for me?
There are four variants in the Trek Powerfly line up. A hardtail (Powerfly 5 Mens & Women's) then 2 different versions of the dual suspension bike. Powerfly FS 5 is the 130mm travel bike with regular 27.5" sized wheels. Powerfly FS 7 Plus is again a 130mm travel bike but with 27.5" sized wheels but in a wider, plus sized tyre width. Powerfly LT 9 Plus is again a 27.5" plus sized wheel bike but it comes equipped with 160mm of suspension travel. Finally Powerfly LT 9.7 Plus which is essentially a carbon framed version of the 160mm bike.
The hardtail Powerfly 5 makes for a great bike to be used on fire roads, bike path & light single track. The Powerfly FS 5 is a great bike to get started off road in more challenging and rougher conditions where dual suspension is critical to be available to provide both comfort and control to the rider. The Powerfly FS 7 Plus will take your off road experience to a new level again with the wider tyres providing more grip on the ground plus almost a feeling of more cushion and suspension. The Powerfly LT 9 is there for someone who really enjoys going harder and faster, particularly on the way back down the hills. The 160mm of travel provides the rider even more confidence to take on challenging terrain and push even harder. The weight between the Powerfly 7 Plus and the Powerfly LT 9 Plus is minimal and with the electric assistance, the extra weight is not even really something to worry about. The Powerfly 9.7 Plus is simply a carbon frame version of the 160mm travel bike. There is not essentially a big weight reduction but the ride quality is vastly improved with the softer and smoother ride feel that a carbon frame can offer. To get even more information or understanding on the differences, contact us or come and see us, we are here to help and only too happy to do so!
Why would I buy this bike?
Why buy this bike you ask? You would buy one of the Trek E MTB's so that you can ride further, ride easier and have even more fun riding. Perhaps your time is limited and you want to maximize the fun that you have when you are riding. Maybe you want to take single track and bike path to work but don't want to get too drained doing it. You might have a physical limitation or health issue and the E-MTB will allow you to keep up with friends on a group ride safer and easily. There is a host of reasons to get one, you'll be guaranteed to have a great time on one though trust us!
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), EVO link, tapered head tube, Knock Block, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, G2 Geometry, Boost148, 150mm travel
- Front suspension
- Fox Performance 36 Float, GRIP adjustable damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, e-bike optimized, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 205x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Powerline Comp 40, 54T Rapid Drive, Tubeless Ready, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.80˝
- SRAM GX Eagle single-click, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM X1, 15T w/chainguard
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, 27.5mm rise, 780 width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano Deore XT M8020 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube 500Wh
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Performance CX
- 17.5˝ - 23.50 kg / 51.8 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Geometry position||Wheel size||A Seat tube||B Seat tube angle||C Head tube length||D Head angle||E Effective top tube||F Bottom bracket height||G Bottom bracket drop||H Chainstay length||I Offset||J Trail||K Wheelbase||L Standover||M Frame reach||N Frame stack|