Get ready to destroy the trail in front of you with the Trek Slash...
The Trek Slash is a 29" wheeled, 160mm travel bike that is a party on wheels. It's a trail bike that will happily pedal away up the hill but point this thing down a hill and it's a monster ready to tackle the most brutal terrain you can dream up. Don't be deceived by the long travel and bigger wheels, this bike is agile and lively and ready to light up the trails.
Why would I buy a Slash?
You'd buy a Slash if you really want to maximise the fun on the way back down and you're not that concerned about getting up the hill like an XC whippet. You'd definitely buy one if you want to race gravity enduro events and beating the clock is your priority. The big wheels roll fast and grip hard on the ground. This being said, it's not a race only bike. You might be really tall and a heavier rider and the size of the bike suits you down to a tee. It's certainly a bike for the rider who likes to descend and descend hard and at the same time for a newer rider it will also help to keep you safe and in control and even make up for some mistakes you make while learning. The long travel and big wheels make for a forgiving bike and a whole lot of fun times ahead!
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, 150 mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir, Motion Control RC damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92 mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 15.5: 100 mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125 mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150 mm
- Bontrager Line, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 780 width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 14.97 kg / 33 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Geometry position||Wheel size||A Seat tube||B Seat tube angle||C Head tube length||D Head angle||E Effective top tube||F Bottom bracket height||G Bottom bracket drop||H Chainstay length||I Offset||J Trail||K Wheelbase||L Standover||M Frame reach||N Frame stack|