The Triathlon Bike That Will Buy You Time...
Whether you're an Ironman distance or Olympic distance competitor, time is what you're trying to beat. Of all three legs in any triathlon event, your bike leg is really the one leg that you can buy an advantage over your competitors. A faster and more efficient bike is the way you can save seconds and minutes, conserve energy to leave you fresher for the run leg and put you up in the placings. The Trek Speed Concept is a bike that has been built from the ground up with Triathletes in mind. It's a bike that can be used for time trialing too, for sure, with slight modification to make it UCI legal. It's important to note this as it is a bike made for Triathlon, not a time trial bike that can be used for Triathlon, that is an important thing to note. A bike made for Triathletes to push boundaries...
Who Would Buy A Speed Concept & Why?
You know who you are already! You're a Triathlete and you want to simply go faster, lose time and step up in the placings. It's a bike to go fast and made specifically for Triathlon with storage capabilities built into the bike also. If you want to lose some time and be fresh for the run leg, this is the bike for you...
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, BB90, Speed Fin compatible, DuoTrap compatible, SC Draft Box 2 and SC Speed Box compatible
- SC full foil carbon, integrated brake and stem
- Bontrager Aeolus Comp Tubeless Ready
- Bontrager R2 Hard-Case Lite, 700x25c
- Max tyre size
- 25 c Bontrager tyres (with at least 4 mm of clearance to frame)
- Shimano Dura-Ace bar end, 11 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Ultegra, braze-on
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Ultegra
- Shimano Ultegra, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-28, 11-speed
- Shimano Ultegra
- Not included
- Bontrager Hilo Comp, chromoly rails
- Bontrager Speed Concept Race Lite, alloy, +/-20 mm offset
- Bontrager Speed Concept KVF aero bar, carbon, direct mount, UCI legal
- Bontrager tape
- Bontrager Speed Concept, direct mount
- Head set
- Integrated, sealed bearings
- Brake set
- Bontrager Speed Limit integrated, Bontrager Race lite aero levers
- M - 8.96 kg / 19.76 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 125 kg (275 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Saddle rail height minimum (w/short mast)||Saddle rail height maximum (w/tall mast)|