It's right for you if...
Your kid is ready to leave training wheels behind, and you want to get them a fun, durable, bike that's simple to use. You don't want to settle for a big box brand because you know the value of a high-quality bike that will keep your kid confident and in control.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame, one speed and two hand brakes with kid-sized levers that are easy to pull. Plus, a kickstand and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for an integrated rear light mount. Everything on this bike is built to last, so it'll still feel like new when handed down to younger siblings.
The final word
This bike is the perfect choice for young riders who want to transition from a little kid bike to a big kid bike, with a simple, quality frame that will keep them upright and smiling while they ride at the park with friends or on the local bike paths with your family.
Why you'll love it
- This bike has hand brakes so kids can gain confidence using them before stepping up to a geared bike
- One speed is all you need – a simple set-up gives kids confidence and helps them stay in control
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- You shouldn't buy your kid's bike where you buy your cereal – Unlike big box brands, Trek kids' bikes are assembled by people who know bikes
*spec applies to all sizes unless otherwise noted
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, 20" kids' frame size|
|Fork||Steel, 20", threadless 1-1/8" steerer|
|Front Hub||Steel, 100 mm bolt-on|
|Rear Hub||Steel Freewheel, 110 mm bolt-on|
|Rim||Alloy 20", 32-hole, Schrader valve|
|Spokes||14 g stainless steel|
|Tire||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi, 20x2.25"|
|Crank||ProWheel alloy, 32T steel ring w/double guard, 127 mm length|
|Bottom Bracket||Square taper, 68 mm, sealed cartridge|
|Pedal||Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread|
|Saddle||Kids' saddle, large, integrated handle, seat post|
|Handlebar||Steel, 40 mm rise|
|Grips||Kids' grip, 107 mm width|
|Stem||Bontrager approved alloy, 25.4 mm clamp, 15-degree rise, 60 mm|
|Headset||Adjustable ball bearing, threadless|
|Brake Lever||Kids', alloy|
- 9.48 kg / 20.91 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider,and cargo) of 36 kg (80 lb).
COLOUR: CRYSTAL WHITE OR VOODOO BLACK
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|