It's right for you if...
You love exploring nature on your bike, and your kid loves adventuring with you! You're looking for a high-quality kids' bike that's comfortable, durable and has trail-ready parts for your up-and-coming singletrack shredder.
The tech you get
A strong, lightweight aluminium frame, a simple Shimano 8-speed drivetrain that's easy for kids to handle and a front suspension fork with 45 mm of travel to absorb bumps. Plus, a kickstand, rear rack mounts and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for an integrated rear light mount. Everything on this bike is built to last, so it'll still feel like new when handed down to younger siblings.
The final word
This rugged, high-quality bike encourages fun and skill-building on the trail. It's perfect for kids who are getting into off-road riding, with a trail-smoothing front suspension fork and an 8-speed drivetrain.
Why you'll love it
- This bike can get your youngster hooked on a lifetime hobby that's healthy, environmentally friendly and fun
- Intuitive twist shift makes it easy for kids to switch gears when their terrain changes
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- You shouldn't buy your kid's bike where you buy your cereal – Unlike big box brands, Trek kids' bikes are assembled by people who know bikes
*spec applies to all sizes unless otherwise noted
|Frame||Alpha Silver aluminium, rack and kickstand mounts, replaceable derailleur hangar, 135x5 mm QR|
|Fork||Dialed suspension, 45 mm travel|
|Front Hub||Alloy. 32h|
|Rear Hub||Joytech alloy 8-speed, 135 mm, nut attachment|
|Rim||24" 32-hole alloy|
|Spokes||14 g stainless steel|
|Tire||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi, 24x2.25"|
|Shifter||Shimano RS45 Tourney|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tourney TX80|
|Crank||ProWheel alloy, 32T steel ring w/double guard, 152 mm length|
|Bottom Bracket||Square taper, 68 mm, sealed cartridge|
|Cassette||SunRace MFM56l, 13-34, 8-speed|
|Pedal||Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread|
|Saddle||Kid's padded, integrated seat post, with handle|
|Handlebar||Bontrager kids', alloy|
|*Grips||Size: 24" wheel
Kid's grip, 92/125 mm length, Black
|Size: 24" wheel
Kid's grip, 92/125 mm length, Volt Green
|Stem||Bontrager approved alloy, 25.4 mm clamp, 15-degree rise, 60 mm|
|Headset||Adjustable ball bearing, threadless|
|Brake Lever||Kids', alloy|
- 11.93 kg / 26.30 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 77 kg (170 lb).
COLOUR: RED OR BLACK
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|