It's right for you if...
You're looking for a long-travel e-MTB that gives you a serious power boost without holding you back from hitting the techy terrain and big drops you love. You prefer to drop your upgrade cash on a plush suspension set-up and high-performance parts than a frame.
The tech you get
A light and durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160 mm RockShox Lyrik Select Plus fork with Charger 2 RC damper, 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek's RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 25 km/h,and a Purion controller. A 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain, Bontrager Line Elite dropper post, Shimano SLX 4-piston brakes and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels with Bontrager SE5 Team Issue tyres.
The final word
Our best alloy Rail features major performance upgrades to the suspension, drivetrain, dropper and more. Bosch’s longest-range battery packs the power you need to get in more laps than you can handle.
Why you'll love it
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
*spec applies to all sizes unless otherwise noted
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armour, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle, 150 mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox Lyrik Select Plus, DebonAir spring, Charger 2 RC damper, e-MTB optimised, tapered steerer, 42 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel|
|Shock||RockShox Deluxe RT3, DebonAir spring, RE:aktiv w/Thru Shaft damper, 230x57.5 mm|
|Front Wheel||Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle|
|Rear Wheel||Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, SRAM XD driver, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle|
|Tire||Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 60 tpi, 29x2.60"|
|Shifter||SRAM GX Eagle single-click, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Crank||SRAM X1 1000, 15T, 165mm length|
|Cassette||SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Pedal||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails, 138 mm width|
Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 100 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 340 mm length
Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 150mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 440mm length
|Size: L, XL
Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 170mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 480mm length
|Handlebar||Bontrager Line, alloy, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 780 mm width|
|Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on|
|Stem||Bontrager Line, 35 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree, 50 mm length|
|Headset||Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Brake||Shimano SLX M7120 4-piston hydraulic disc|
|Battery||Bosch PowerTube 625|
|Motor||NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75Nm, magnesium body, 25 km/h max assist|
- M - 23.91 kg / 52.71 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.