More travel than a white van
Big mountain riding is a nomadic existence. Meeting friends in farflung car parks. Pinpointing trails you're not sure are even rideable. Sending the ones you know are. Shiny new bling gets battered, shattered and bruised. That’s life. That’s how it should be. That's why the Nomad exists.
Probably the most abused bike in our line up, every Nomad has a story to tell. But each Nomad we've made keeps coming back for more. It's not Stockholm Syndrome, it's called sealed bearings in all pivots, a lower link grease port, shuttle guards and free bearing replacements. Why scrap a frame when a simple bearing service can make one last a lifetime? That's our stance on sustainability at least, and it's why our carbon fiber doesn’t just mean lighter, it means tough as hell backed up by a lifetime warranty and crash replacement support.
There’s no time for puzzling when on a road trip either. That's why we chose 27.5 wheels as the go-to for the widest variety of riding styles and rider sizes. When peeling your bike out of the van at a new spot your only question should be “Is this a full face or a half lid kinda ride?” The 64-degree head angle and 77-degree seat angle puts you in the sweet spot when winching up to the top of a big drop in. Meanwhile proportional chainstay lengths mean handling is never compromised, regardless of frame size.
And when we say big travel, we're not talking about your Transit's odometer. We're talking 170mm of 38mm diameter fork and 170mm of VPP rear suspension compatible with both coil and air shocks. The details are completed by a neat mud flap to protect the rear shock, plus tidy cable routing within the frame and swingarm, and rubberized DT protectors to shrug off strikes.
So van-lifers unite. The Nomad is the kind of bike you need never worry about all summer long. Sorry we can't say the same for the locked public washrooms and parking tickets.
- 15.12kg / 33.33lbs
- Carbon C
- FOX 38 Float Performance Elite, 170mm, 27.5"
- RockShox Super Deluxe Select+
- Shimano XT M8100, 12spd
- Shimano XT M8100, 12spd
- Shimano XT M8100, 32t
- Shimano XT M8100, 12spd, 10-51t
- Shimano XT, 12spd
- Shimano XT 8120
- Shimano XT RT86, Ice Tech, 203mm
- Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Santa Cruz Bicycles Carbon Riser
- Burgtec Enduro MK3
- Burgtec Bartender Pro Grip Minnar
- Industry Nine 1/1, 110x15, 6 Bolt, 28h
- Industry Nine 1/1, 148x12, XD, 6 Bolt, 28h
- RaceFace ARC Offset 30 27.5"
- Reserve 30 Carbon Rim
- OneUp Bash
- Sapim Race
- Maxxis Assegai 27.5"x2.5", 3C, MaxxGRIP, EXO+, TR
- Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4", 3C, EXO+
- Stans Sealant 2oz
- RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6 or OneUp Dropper V2
- WTB Silverado Medium Cromoly SL Fusion Saddle or WTB Volt