Big mountain riding is a nomadic existence. Meeting friends in farflung car parks. Pinpointing trails you're not sure are even rideable. Sending the ones you know are. Shiny new bling gets battered, shattered and bruised. That’s life. That’s how it should be. That's why the Nomad exists.
Probably the most abused bike in our line up, every Nomad has a story to tell. But each Nomad we've made keeps coming back for more. It's not Stockholm Syndrome, it's called sealed bearings in all pivots, a lower link grease port, shuttle guards and free bearing replacements. Why scrap a frame when a simple bearing service can make one last a lifetime? That's our stance on sustainability at least, and it's why our carbon fiber doesn’t just mean lighter, it means tough as hell backed up by a lifetime warranty and crash replacement support.
There’s no time for puzzling when on a road trip either. That's why we chose 27.5 wheels as the go-to for the widest variety of riding styles and rider sizes. When peeling your bike out of the van at a new spot your only question should be “Is this a full face or a half lid kinda ride?” The 64-degree head angle and 77-degree seat angle puts you in the sweet spot when winching up to the top of a big drop in. Meanwhile proportional chainstay lengths mean handling is never compromised, regardless of frame size.
And when we say big travel, we're not talking about your Transit's odometer. We're talking 170mm of 38mm diameter fork and 170mm of VPP rear suspension compatible with both coil and air shocks. The details are completed by a neat mud flap to protect the rear shock, plus tidy cable routing within the frame and swingarm, and rubberized DT protectors to shrug off strikes.
So van-lifers unite. The Nomad is the kind of bike you need never worry about all summer long. Sorry we can't say the same for the locked public washrooms and parking tickets.
- 15.36kg / 33.87lbs
- Carbon CC
- FOX 38 Float Factory, 170mm, 27.5"
- Fox DH X2 Factory Coil 2-Position Lever (400 S, 450 M, 500 L-XL)
- SRAM X01 Eagle
- SRAM X01 Eagle
- SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon 148 DUB, 32t
- SRAM XG1295 Eagle 10-50T
- SRAM X01 Eagle 12 SPD
- SRAM Code RSC
- SRAM HS2 Rotor 200mm
- Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Santa Cruz 35 Carbon Bar, 800mm, 35mm Rise
- Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42.5mm
- Santa Cruz House Grips or Burgtec Bartender Pro Grip Minnaar
- Industry Nine 1/1, 110x15, 6 Bolt, 28h
- Industry Nine 1/1, 148x12, XD, 6 Bolt, 28h
- Race Face ARC Offset 30 27.5" Rims
- OneUp Bash
- Sapim Race
- Maxxis Assegai 27.5"x2.5", 3C, MaxxGRIP Double Down, TR
- Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4", 3C, MaxxGRIP, Double Down, TR
- Stans Sealant 2oz
- RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6 or OneUp Dropper V2
- WTB Silverado Team Saddle or WTB Volt