It's right for you if...
You're sold on the e-bike revolution and want the capability and versatility of a mountain bike at a price that doesn't resemble the car you're trying to use less. You want bigger, better off-road adventures, and know that an e-MTB with the latest user-friendly tech is the best way to get them.
The tech you get
A tough yet refined aluminium frame that fully encases a long-range 500 Wh battery for sleek looks, a Bosch Performance CX (250 W, 85 Nm) motor that assists up to 25 km/h, a Bosch Purion controller, a 1x10 Shimano drive train, an SR Suntour fork with lockout and hydraulic disc brakes. Plus, Smart Wheel Sizing means riders of every size get a great fit – 29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames.
The final word
Our most affordable electric mountain bike comes with the same powerful Bosch motor and intuitive controller as our most expensive e-bikes, with a smaller battery and parts chosen to give you great value.
Why you'll love it
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- This bike expands boundaries: the top-notch Bosch system is equally suited to commuting, recreation and a ridiculously fun time on the trails
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike
- You can boost your Powerfly’s utility by adding a rack and mudguards, plus built-in wiring lets you easily install lights powered by the motor
*spec applies to all sizes unless otherwise noted
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, Motor Armor, Boost148|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCM 34, coil spring, preload, lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle, 120 mm travel|
|Hub front||Formula DC-511, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle|
|Hub rear||Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle|
|Skewer rear||Bontrager Switch thru-axle, removable lever|
|Rim||Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20 mm width, Presta valve|
|Spokes||14 g stainless steel|
Bontrager XR3 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 27.5x2.35"
|Size: M , L , XL
Bontrager XR3 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.30"
|Max tyre size||Frame: 29x2.60" or 27.5x2.8" (XS & S: 27.5x2.60") Fork: See manufacturer|
|Saddle||Bontrager Commuter Comp|
Bontrager alloy, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset, 330 mm length
Bontrager alloy, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset, 360 mm length
|Size: L , XL
Bontrager alloy, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset, 400 mm length
Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 720 mm width
|Size: M , L , XL
Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width
|Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Comp|
|*Stem||Size: S , M
Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, Blendr-compatible, 7-degree, 60 mm length
|Size: L , XL
Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, Blendr-compatible, 7-degree, 70 mm length
|Head set||FSA IS-2, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Brake||Tektro HD-M275 hydraulic disc|
|Brake rotor||Tektro, 6-bolt, 203 mm|
|Battery||Bosch PowerTube, vertical, 500 wh|
|Charger||Bosch compact 2A (100-240 V) charger|
|Motor||Bosch Performance CX, magnesium motor body, 250 watt, 85 Nm, 25 km/h (15.5 mph) max assist, 32 km/h for New Zealand|
|Weight||M - 23.67 kg / 52.18 lbs (with tubes)|
|Weight limit||This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).|