It's right for you if...
It's finally time to teach your little one to ride! You want to make it a great memory, so you're looking for a bike that's comfortable, durable and fun. Simplicity is key, and you want to be able to pop off the stabilisers easily when the time is right.
The tech you get
This kid-friendly bike has a handle integrated right into the saddle so you can help guide your child while they ride, plus a coaster brake and tool-less training wheels that can be installed and removed at the turn of a dial. Plus, the lightweight aluminium frame is easy to manoeuvre.
The final word
You want to make sure that your child's first bike is comfortable, durable and fun. Each of our bikes, all the way down to the smallest size, is built to our highest standards, so you can feel confident when you choose Trek for your family.
Why you'll love it
- This bike is a memory-maker: seeing your child ride their bike for the first time is something you'll never forget
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it's built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it'll still feel like new
- Investing in a kids' bike from an established bike brand is worth it – Trek kids' bikes are designed and assembled by people who know bikes
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount when your child starts adventuring on their own
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- Pink Frosting
- Mulsanne Blue
- Dark Aquatic
*Please note – spec applies to all sizes unless listed separately
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminium, 16" kids' frame size|
|Fork||Steel, 16", threadless 1" steerer|
|Hub front||Steel, 100 mm bolt-on|
|Hub rear||Coaster brake, 18T, 120 mm bolt-on|
|Rim||Alloy 16", 28-hole, Schrader valve|
|Tyre||Bontrager XR1, wire bead, 27 tpi, 16x2.25"|
|Max tyre size||16x2.25"|
|Crank||Alloy, 26T steel ring, chainguard, 89 mm length|
|Bottom bracket||Square taper, 68 mm, sealed cartridge|
|Pedal||Kids' Satellite, 9/16 thread|
|Max. chainring size||1x: 30T|
|Saddle||Kids' padded, integrated seat post, with handle|
|Handlebar||Kids' steel, 25.4 mm clamp, 80 mm rise, 500 mm width|
|Grips||Kids' grip, 107 mm width|
|Stem||Bontrager Approved alloy, 25.4 mm clamp, 15-degree rise, 50 mm|
|Head set||Adjustable ball bearing|
|Weight||7.97 kg / 17.56 lbs|
|Weight limit||This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider,and cargo) of 36 kg (80 lb).|
We reserve the right to make changes to the product information contained on this site at any time without notice, including with respect to equipment, specifications, models, colours, materials and pricing. Due to supply chain issues, compatible parts may be substituted at any time without notice.
Bike and frame weights are based on pre-production painted frames at time of publication. Weights may vary in final production.