If you require a product urgently please call to confirm availability before placing your order on 08 8232 7277.
When a puncture strikes just too big and gnarly to seal, the Muc-Off Stealth Tubeless Puncture Plug ultimate backup tool that’s cleverly stored inside your bar ends! The expanding silica plugs included cover most MTB, road and gravel handle bar sizes and the premium CNC Machined Aluminium bar ends are available in 10 anodised colours to match your ride.
Each lightweight and durable set contains everything you need to get back riding when you’re stuck battling a hole that’s just not sealing: a stainless steel 2-in-1 puncture plug reamer tool, a variety of different sized tyre worms and a trimming knife.
(We recommend a max of 80 PSI on a road bike!)
- CNC Machined from 6061 Aluminium. Anodised in 10 colour options.
- Expanding silica plug fits most MTB, Gravel & Road Handlebars with a larger than 17mm inside diameter.
- Supplied with 17mm, 19mm and 21mm silica plugs to fit different handlebar diameters
- Screws into bars using a just a 4mm Allen key
- Plugs and Repairs multiple holes that won’t seal with just sealant
- Compatible with most open-end grips and drops bars with a 84mm straight section at the bar end.
- Dimensions 89 x 27 x 27mm
- Weight: 33g per side (excluding tyre worms)
- Available in 10 anodised colours to match your Muc-Off tubeless valves
- Identify the source of the puncture and remove the debris or puncture source
- Remove the tool from your bars using a 4mm Allen key. (If tool is pre-loaded skip to step 5) Start by using the integrated knurled reamer on the tool to clean and roughen up the hole to ensure a perfect seal.
- If the puncture requires the medium or larger worms then ream the hole several times with the knurled area of the tool, make sure you use a 45 degree angle and follow the direction of the tyre to ensure you don’t damage your tubeless tape or the tyre wall!
- Now Grab a tyre worm (you may need to use the tool to help slide out the worms). The largest size is for MTB tyres the medium for gravel tyres and the small for road tyres, but you can select the best one for your sized hole. Now pinch one end of the worm hard between your fingers to flatten it out. (If using the thin worm thread through the tip at the end of the tool, not the main larger slot)
- Thread through gap at the end of the tool so the worm is now sitting centrally on the tool.
- Locate the puncture hole then insert the tool through the hole (at a 45 degree angle and follow the direction of the tyre to ensure you don’t damage your tubeless tape or the tyre wall!) until the worm is around halfway through the tyre. Ensure the ends of the worm remain on the outside of the tire.
- Turning the tool slowly clockwise a few revolutions to twist the worm inside the tire and slowly pull up to remove – leaving the worm in your tyre and the hole plugged.
- Re-inflate tyre to your desired pressure. (We recommend a max of 80 PSI on a road bike!)
- Finally, using the knife carefully trim the worm ends. We suggest standing on the non-drive side of your bike and cutting away from the bike. Trim plugs down so there is a minimum of 3-5mm still sticking out of the tyre. (Caution – this is one sharp knife so please use with care and always cut away from your body and not too close to your fingers!!
- Now you’re ready to roll!
- Supplied as a pair:
- 1 x Stainless steel 2-in-1 puncture plug/reamer tool
- 1 x knife trimming tool
- Supplied with 5 x thin tyre worms, 5 x medium tyre worms & 5 x thick tyre worms